“Thinking Aloud” reflects the emerging trends and varied outlook of the rapidly evolving internet and communication sector. An IAMAI publication, this is a part of the market education initiative of the association. The publication, which incorporates the latest trends, views and news from industry experts, functions as a one-stop source for information pertaining to the internet and communication sector. In short, it’s a publication for the internet and mobile industry, by the leaders of the industry itself.
QUICK FACTS ABOUT THINKING ALOUD
- “THINKING ALOUD” magazine is published once a month.
- The magazine is circulated across India among key internet and communication industry players.
- The magazine addresses the need to assimilate and present the plethora of information in a comprehensible and functional manner that can be picked up by anyone from the industry which is undergoing a remarkable upheaval at present.
- A dedicated team of journalists and experts with extensive knowledge about the field.
- Internet use in India has seen a steady rise over the last decade or so. With a population of over a billion, about 52 million people been identified as active internet users.
- Internet penetration in India currently stands at 5.2% and is expected to touch 10% by 2015.
- India’s internet population has grown by 2600% since 2000. 36% of internet users in India are from small towns and rural areas.
- India is the second largest mobile market in the world after China, which has over 650 million subscribers, with India having 400 million mobile users.
- The Indian mobile subscriber base has increased in size by a factor of more than one-hundred since 2001 when the number of subscribers in the country was approximately 5 million to 617.53 million in May 2010.
- There will be an estimated 1.24 billion mobile users in 2015. The mobile subscriber base is expected to zoom to 893 million by 2012.
- Projections by several leading global consultancies indicate that the total number of subscribers in India will exceed the total subscriber count in the China by 2013.
- The industry is expected to reach a size of Rs 344,921 crore by 2012 at a growth rate of over 26% and generate employment opportunities for about 10 million people during the same period.
- According to analysts, the sector would create direct employment for 2.8 million people and for 7 million indirectly.