“The critical ingredient is getting off your butt and doing something. It’s as simple as that. A lot of people have ideas, but there are few who decide to do something about them now. Not tomorrow. Not next week. But today. The true entrepreneur is a doer, not a dreamer.” – Nolan Bushnell, Entrepreneur
Speaking about inspiration, innovation and the urge to succeed, this quote depicts all the three aspects perfectly. Gaining inspiration, invoking innovation along with maintaining the urge for success, more than 5 startups will be sharing the stage at the India Demo Day (IDD) on the 5th of June in New York City. A platform designed to provide Indian startups with unexplored access to overseas marketers and investors, IDD is striving hard to place the initiatives of Indian startups on the global map. Along with providing impetus to the startups, the platform provides the NRI community and institutions to be a part of the Indian growth story. The IDD will be showcasing more than a hundred ventures through a series of events over the course of the next year. Here’s a glance at some of the startups that will be a part of the India Demo Day tomorrow.
1) APP Virality – It can be simply defined as live rockets that can help developers catapult their applications into a galaxy of virality & opportunities. Being invested by people like Rajan Anandan, MD, Google India and many more blue chip clients, this one is surely here to make a big mark in the industry.
2) Azoi – The company has made it a point to use the idea of technology and harness its power for good. The first product out of the Azoi stable is Kito, a feat in engineering that conceals itself as a phone case and syncs to your phone to test and track your health. And, all that in a just a few seconds.
3) Kryptos Mobile – They are the contrivers of the Kryptos AppMaker, a cloud-based self-service mobile app development platform which is used by schools, colleges, commercial entities and end users to create their mobile apps without writing software code. They service over 130 universities across 3 continents.
4) Harness – An award winning education technology company, it serves more than 10,000 learners and teachers across 6 countries through its team of 20 people dispersed across various cities in India and the Middle East. Harness has been adjudged among the leading education start-ups in India by some stellar players from the venture capital industry.
5) Imaginate Software Labs – An augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) based technology enterprise, Imaginate is fast making a name in the industry. Through incorporating its strong and proven technology expertise, it offers experiential solutions on the fields of retail, defense, entertainment and healthcare sectors.
The IDD backed by the Consulate General of India, New York, USA will be focusing to do a world of good the upcoming startups. Do keep an eye on the future developments in the week to know how these startups are poised to grow in the coming years.